At Electromed, our mission is to be an advocate and resource for individuals living with a chronic lung disease like bronchiectasis and COPD. As we continue to learn more about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), our goal is to share that knowledge to help you stay informed and feel empowered to take precautionary steps.
How COVID-19 Affects the Lungs
According to the World Health Organization, coronaviruses (CoV) represent a large family of viruses that cause individuals to experience symptoms that can range from the common cold to more severe respiratory issues. COVID-19 is a new strain of the virus that causes acute infection with respiratory symptoms, including shortness of breath, coughing, and fever.
Protecting Yourself & Loved Ones from COVID-19
Accredited foundations and organizations like the American Thoracic Society (ATS) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have outlined recommendations to help individuals and their families take a proactive role in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
These steps include:
- Wash your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds)
- Clean and disinfect communal areas with EPA approved products
- Avoid contact of the eyes, mouth, nose, or other facial areas with your hands
- Distance yourself from large crowds or gatherings
- Not visiting friends or family members who are sick
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze and cough (using your elbow or a tissue)
- Stay home when you feel sick
- Avoid unnecessary travel
Medical professionals all over the world are making progress on vaccines to help prevent infection and provide treatments to relieve symptoms. To learn more about COVID-19, visit the CDC website or download the ATS patient health information form.
Electromed is committed to providing uninterrupted support during the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. Our entire team is available to help patients and clinics with their SmartVest needs.